Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back home in AUSTRALIA

Sorry I haven't blogged in quit some time.
I'm now back in AUSTRALIA, yay its great here. I'm glad I'm home but nothing has changed. It was so good to sleep in my bed and to have a sleep in. Aww so good!

(my family in New Jersey)

Before I flew home, I flew to Portland, Oregon after leaving New York. It was a good flight, I had a couple of nice people near me so that made time go kind of fast. When I arrived in Portland Stacey picked me up and we went to a hotel, thank gosh as I wouldnt have stayed away all the way to The Dallas. We stayed in a very nice hotel, very modern. And on the friday we went into Portland and did a bit of shopping which was good, as I then finished off my gift shopping. The streets are so gorgeous there, lots of boutiques. On the way to The Dallas we could see Mount Hood and a little bit of Saint Helens, which was awesome! (They are live volcanoes.) When we got into The Dallas, we went out for tea with a few friends. I finally got to meet some people who my family talk about alot. It was a nice little tea, nothing out there but was good.



On the Saturday, Stacey took me down to Hood River which is about a half hour drive from The Dallas. We had lunch at the Golf Club as they had happy hour on. It was such a nice place, it over looked the golf course and the mountains, gorgeous! We did a bit of shopping in Hood River, I bought a house warming gift for Jess and Shayne. I also saw a Bernese Mountain Dog (we use to have one) he was so cute.

I want one!!!


That night we went to the 'Ducks Unlimited Banquet,' it was a fundraising night to raise money to preserve the wetlands for the ducks, but then they shoot the ducks. Little confusing! haha It was a good night though, they had alot of things you could auction on and game you could play. Mitch won a package of clothes which he bidded on. They also had a Golden Lab (dog) there for auction, he was soooo cute. I wanted to bid haha he went for about $600 US, not much considering the bidding started at $500.

Sunday John and Doriene showed me a little around The Dallas and then we went up to, Timberline on Mount Hood. Timberline was named that as thats where the trees stop growing on Mt Hood as its too cold further up. It has a lodge and ski lifts. Nice little place. It was pretty snowy when we got there, a little dangerous actually. It was so cool though, I bought a jumper, and a few other things. Doriene bought me a necklace of the ash from Mount Saint Helens. Shes so nice. After that we headed to a shopping mall where we went to 'Bath and Body Works' where they have some really nice body lotions. And then we went to German restuarant for tea, that was soooo nice. We had a cheese fondue for entree, I then had a pasta dish for main and then we shared a bread and butter pudding and a chocolate moouse. Very good food I really enjoyed it there. We then visited Randy and Mary in The Dallas, as they wanted to see me as they stayed with us here in Australia. Very nice people. By then I was nearly done, such a long day.


Monday, we had a nice breakfast in town at a french cafe. I had the best hot chocolate there, it had cream and chocolate sauce on top. Lovely! Anyway so I have breakfast there and pretty much chilled before we went into Portland to the airport.

From Portland I flew to LA, from LA I flew to Nadi, Fiji. It was a 10 hour flight and luckily the plane wasnt full so I was able to get another seat and was able to spread myself over 4seats, it was so good. I got a pretty good sleep too. :) From Fiji I flew 4hrs to Sydney. In Syndey my flight was cancalled however I was put on the flight an hour later. I finally got into Adelaide at 6pm Wednesday night. :) YAYA. I was finally home.

I havent done much since I've been home, caught up with some friends, and chilled out. I helped Jess and Shayne take a load of stuff down to their new house, moving in next weekend. And then on Sunday I helped Dad and Shayne cut down some trees around home, that was hard work...I might have even worked out the 'American fat.' I had a great weekend.

I'm happy to be home, its good to ge a little sunshine on my very white skin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment