Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mahopac with NICOLETTE

This weekend I headed to Mahopac, (about an hour and half from NYC by train) to see an Australian Au Pair I met at the training school, Nicolette.
As it was the President's Day weekend, my family headed to Upstate NY to snow mobile so I could leave on the Friday. I met Nicolette in 'the city' (aka New York City.)

Firsly we headed to a resturant to eat, it ended up being the restuarant at the bottom of the Empire State Building. It was good, I finally had a BURGER, it wasnt to bad actually, and Nicolette had chicken strips. It would have been cheaper to go to a fast food place, but it was still the experience we enjoyed.

Next stop was going up the Empire State Building. It was an experience getting up there alot of friendly men who worked there giving compliments, a little creepy actually. So Nicolette and I pretty much flew up to the top to see the view, a what a view it was! Oh my Gosh it was great. The day was just gorgeous, clear and a little sun but being so high the wind was blowing hard. But that didnt stop us, we took alot of photos, however we didnt know what we were looking at as we didnt want to pay for a map. HAHA That was Nicolette's fault. haha But we really didnt need a map, we were just in ore of the view. It was SPECTACULAR! I really reccommend it to anyone whoes travelling to NYC, its not all the badly price, $20US for the Obseratory platform. As the sun was taking for ever to set we dicided to leave and get on with some things.

We headed to 'Starbucks' at the bottom and ordered a 'Vanilla Bean Frappe,' with cream and caramal sauce on top. OH man it was sooooo good. That was the drink of the weekend. So good! We got outside and as I was squarting down in my bag, I here a RIIIIPPPPPP :O oh ow, I just stared at Nicolette, she didnt know what happened so I told her and we just bursted out laughing. It was another 'Cannon' moment HAHAHAhaha Oh man...lucky I had my tights on under neath as I had already had a rip in my knee. They were my favourites jeans, and I wore them to death (so to speak.) Awww good time had with them. Anyway continuing with the story, it wasnt all the noticable from behind so I kept walking. Hahaha


Next stop was the Levi's Store :) We were heading there before my jeans ripped. I bought a pair of Levi's, it was probably more expensive there but it doesnt matter, at least I have a pair now :) They are so comfy. As I was putting my ripped jeans back on they ripped EVEN more, it was now noticeable :O

What a memory, I ripped my jeans in the crotch in the middle of NEW YORK CITY. I bet that doesnt happen very often. Last week I fell of the cannon, now this week ripped jeans in NYC. What will next weekend bring......??

We then headed to the Toys'R'Us Store, it has a big faris-wheel (spelling) in the middle of the store. It was pretty cool in there! We took a few photos and left. We needed to get to the train station and buy our tickets before it left.


Once we got to Mahopac we bought some 'choc chip cookie dough ice cream' and digged into it when we reached 'home.' :) It was soooo good, but little piggy's we were. Haha!


On Saturday we went to the local mall, which was about 15-20minutes away. That was pretty awesome. I bought a jumper, an over shoulder bag and a pair of boots. :) Spent a little but oh well its dont now. Saturday night we hired 'My Best Friend's Girl' (I think that's what it was called.) It wasnt bad...

Sunday morning we had a great sleep in, which was much needed. In the afternoon we went back to the mall and I bought a pink-orange jacket, it was a little expensive but I really really loved it. I would have regretted it if I didnt get it...hehehe :) Its really gorgeous though. Anyway we also went to the movies and saw 'Confessions of a Shopaholic.' It was pretty good, funny and we so felt like her after our shoppingspree weekend. That night we hired another movie, this time it was 'Made of Honour.' It was sooo good, I loved it. Way better then the movie last night - my best friends girl.

Monday morning Nicolette had to help her family get the kids ready but then she came back to bed and slept for ages haha...meanwhile I had a shower and got ready. We headed back to the mall just to see if my jacket I bought the day before was reduced due to the President's Day Sale, but nope it didnt. We then headed to the train station and my trip was all over.

I had the best weekend, I really enjoyed spending time with Nicolette and just chilling out. It was BRILLIANT! I was sad to say goodbye to Nicolette as that was the last time I saw her before I leave for home, until she gets back in 2010. Shes really an awesome girl, we really are simular. We believe we were seperated at birth, a bit like Kim and I ... OMG TRIPLETS :O hahahahahaha

I also met Nicolette's host family. They were really nice and welcomed me. They have two boys who are fun and love Spongebob. So cute. They were very good boys while I was there. They have a gorgeous house and view....a view that looks over the lake. It was wonderful. Nicolette will have such a great time with them!! :)

Thats pretty much it about my weekend. Not long now until I leave for Portland, Oregon about 9 days and about 2 weeks until I reach HOME = Adelaide :D YES....

Take care and I'll blog soon xxx
Sair

1 comment:

  1. hi!
    looks like u had so much fun with nicolette!! i want to go to the empire state and toys r us as well, hopefully on my next trip! i am going to get around to writing my blog of new york today lol.
    i am loving your new blog background - so cute!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete