Wednesday, February 4, 2009

VERMONT


Well I'm back from Stowe, Vermont. It was great besides a few little things but no to worry it was lots of fun.

We arrived in the dark after a long 6hour drive. Wyatt was good he slept a little however Dave kept asking 'are we there yet.' But finally we reached our cabin. It was cute but a little small. We went up with another 3 families and another couple arrived on the friday night.


On friday the kids had ski school so it was an early rise for everyone. They loved it. I watched from inside, it was a perfect day for skiing but I just had no motivation to get out there. It was so beautiful up there, massive mountains and gorgeous (but expensive) cabins everywhere. So friday was kind of a lazy day just watching the kids learn.

I finally got to ski on the Saturday it was great. Preston was my teacher, man he had so much patience. The first run was terrible, I was so close in quiting. Haha It sounds so easier, just do this and put pressure there but truely its not! Anyway so the first run I on my bottom the whole time. Hahaha. I then thought ok well I'll try again and we how I'll go, YES I was much better. I fell once and I actually skied! WHoo--HOoo!! It was brilliant I had so much fun. Until.....Preston and the kids were like ok lets go to the next mountain (it was much steeper then what I was on.) Yeh ok, lets go. So we took the chair lift and up the steep mountain we went. I was thinking, what the heck am I doing!?! So as I'm coming down I'm thinking this is sooooo steep and all the things Preston had just taught me flew out of my head and I just stiffened up. I was so scared, but I had to get down the hill that was the only way. I finally got down but I didnt go back up believe me. I just stuck on my little slope haha! It was great I had a brilliant time Saturday.

(the bunny run that I loved)


(the snow was seriously up to my knees and thighs - not a good photo)

On Sunday we were going to go skiing but then the adults decided to go into town and have a look around. I stayed home with one of the mums and the kids. I kind of got a little sleep, as I was sooo tired. The kids were good, they were outside most of the day in the snow playing with two golden lab's (dogs) that appeared out of no where. When the adults arrived home, the kids decided to go sledding down the drive was. It was so much fun, I was going to join in but I wasnt dressed correctly. They had a ball!


The "Superbowl" was also on Sunday night. It was the Steelers verses Cardinals. The Steelers won by about 2-4points. It was great to see the match, as thats the big 'thing' in America, I didnt under the rules but I made out I did. (hehe)

The Monday we pretty much cleaned up and drove another 6 hours to home. It was good I got a little bit of a sleep, but really sleeping in the car isnt the greatest. Especially when your neck is bent in stupid ways.

All and all it was a great weekend. This weekend I'm going to Boston with some Australian Au Pairs so I cant wait for that. :) That will be lots of fun. And the weekend after I'm not sure if I'm going to go to the White Plans to see my friend or to Upstate NY with my family to go snow mobiling. We'll have to think about that one. I have a total of 23days until I leave for Portland. :) I'm also very excited about that. Whoh so many things that are coming up, time will fly!

Ok thats all from me at the moment.
Comment if you wish (yes do comment :)

P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRUCE WHO TURNED 19 AND TO MY GORGEOUS TWINS, ABIGAIL AND EMILY WHO TURNED 3. :) I wsh I could have been home to help celebrate.
xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. hi! looks like u had a great time! cant believe how deep the snow was, thats crazy. the scenary looks beautiful, but the 6 hour trip part sounds awful! great u gave the skiing ago, i bet u did better then i ever would lol cant believe u go home soon! have fun in boston! will email u soon to organise a meet up ok? miss u x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis
    So glad you had a good time skiing (eventually)and you 'got it' and not conked out beforehand.
    Its looks a lovely place. Makes you wonder what it looks like in Summer though. Should have tried sledding though, thats awesome fun- I loved that! Good to hear you're feeling better and back to normal.. bye dearxxx

    ReplyDelete