Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Trip to Boston

Where do I start, Boston was so much fun. Very exciting and interesting!

Emma and I left NYC about 7oclock after much hurry, it was to take us 5hours to get to Boston however it took us 4, much relief. I slept a little however it was hard when you have a stranger next to you and a hard chair. We arrived in Boston at 11:00pm, wondering where Nicolette was at we were suppose to meet up with her before we head to the Hotel. However no Nicolette, where was she?? We called and she was actually in another place 1.5hrs away not Boston as she thought. Poor thing I felt so bad for her, in the middle of somewhere on her own. However luckily she got to the hotel about 2:00am safely. We didnt get to sleep about 3:00am, and then Megan was up at 7:30am. Not much sleep at all.

Anyway on the Saturday we did a few touristy things. First we walked over a bridge with an unknown name, by the time we got to the 'Bunker Hill Monument' Nicolette and I were already so worn out. And it wasnt even 11:30 yet, how were we suppose to last the day. Anyway so we climbed up 300 plus steps to get to the top of the momument.




It was a pretty awesome view I must admit, but the walk up was terrible. You could see a 360 degree view of Boston. It was gorgeous really. We then had to get back down, and man when we got down were our legs jelly or what. I had to rest for a little......a while!!!!
After that we headed to the USS Constitution. That was very interesting actually. We took a little 30 minute tour. We went below deck and saw; the cannons (they were HUGE) the area where they sleep (in hammocks) and where the higher up people slept (little rooms.) It was great to hear what the sailors went through and how their food was stored. I was pleased we went there actually. All the people were very nice and everyone kept asking where I was from, why not the other girls always me?!? After our visit we headed over to an old cannon to take photos, this is where I nearly wet my pants with laughter!! It may not seem funny to you guys who werent there but TRUST ME on this one it was HILAROUS. Anyway so Nicolette and I get our photo taken with THE cannon, and so she moves over to the balls (I cant think of there names, the bullets of the cannon) mean while I've climbed onto THE cannon, ready for a photo. However I'm feeling myself slip so I try to grab hold of something but nope to late......I FELL OFF. HAHAHAHAHA omg it was the funniest thing. I fell a metre face first into the snow. Great I thought, now I'm all wet! But arh far out we couldn't stop laughing, I had tears and mascara running. It was soooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm even laughing right now, everytime I think of the moment I crack myself laughing again. It will be a hilarous memory to remember.
Any moving on, next we headed to Faneuil Market Hall Place. This is were a little gifts were, and a huge list of places to get food from. So many choices I just didnt know what to get. We also saw some apples covers in chocolate with M&M's and sprinkles. Very out there!! Anyway I bought a Boston hat and t-shirt. :) I was very excited about that. Also we saw the 'Cheers' bar and gift shop. That was interesting, however I haven't really seen the show 'Cheers' to remember the set. After that we headed back towards the hotel. On our way we saw the State House, the ice rink, and the State Library. The library was great. It was big, I couldnt get over how big it was, just for a Library, obviously a lot of books are kept there. The artwork on the walls were gorgeous. I cant even imagine to think how look it would have taken them to do. After that I pretty much ran to the hotel just for a sit down. Awwww so tired!
It was a wonderful day, very interesting. I'm not one for history but it was good. I enjoyed myself. For tea we went to a food court which was down the road. It was great, not as many choices at the Faneuil Hall but still a little too many for my liking, I just didnt know what to have. In the end I had some chicken, and veg which was delicious. Ben and Jerry's were on our minds (an ice cream parlour) so after that HUGE walk that day I thought I owed myself some ice cream. I had choc chip cookie dough, and chocolate macadamia. They were awesome, the cookie dough was the best though. We all went back to the hotel room, and we started watching 'Wedding Crashes' however we all crashes our selves.
On Sunday we were up about 8:30 to go have breakfast and to see a few shops before we headed home, however the shops didnt open until 11:00 am!!! So we went into Border's and looked at some books. A bought an owl handbag and the book; the secret life of bees (its also been made into a movie.) We left there and pretty much headed back to our room to check out. We subwayed to the bus terminal and we were all on our seperate ways back home. I had a great time with Nicolette, Megan and Emma. It was brilliant!


Click to play My Trip to Boston
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

4 comments:

  1. hey babe, looks like u had so much fun! i loved your scrapbook, so gorgeous! how long did it take u to make? my fav pic is the one of u sprawled over the seat haha u musta been tired!!

    wish i could've made it but i'll get to boston eventually and hopefully i can see u before u leave - let me know the ny details (im going this weekend too if ur free).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was buggered!!! far out those stairs took it out of me. WE did have a great weekend, a weekend of pain and laughter. The scrapbook thing is cool hey it didnt take me that long actually, once i chose the style and the number of photos, i just chose from the layouts. i didnt do it all by hand, you have got to be kidding me there.
    yeh you'll love it there, its very pretty.
    oh for sure we'll have to catch up in NYC, cant this weekend im going to Nicolette's place. But hopefuly you can make it in the wke after :) xxx take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a dag!!! Love your photos in your scrapbook. Nice to see your getting a bit of culture!
    Bye dear, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes im getting culture alright. ill be full of facts after this holiday/trip! - look out more fact then my toilet read.
    Yeh i stole the scrapbook idea from your page, Thanks for that :) xxx love sis

    ReplyDelete