Monday, January 12, 2009

AMERICA - NY & NJ

Well I'm finally in AMERICA!




We had delays in LA due to missing our flight but it was ok we got to NY eventually. We spent four days at our training school in NY. It was alright, the food was terrible!!!! But the group of Australians I met were brilliant, very nice. We really got to new each other well. For the first two days we were in class from 8:15am to 6pm, with some breaks but they were very long days. On the thursday after we went into NYC which was awesome, our tour guide didnt show up but we still were toured around, and got to see some icons. Like the time square (photo 1), statue of liberty(photo 3), ground zero (photo 2), the empire state building and some shopping.




On the friday, we pretty much got up had breakfast had a meeting and then onto our buses, to where ever we were heading, mine to New Jersey. Our trip was only about an hour and half which was good, I didnt even get a sleep :O lol


Dawn picked me up, and it was so good to finaly meet her. We made a few stops on the way home but I really have no idea where we went, all the towns look the same. lol

We then came back to there wonderful house where Lina (the au pair here at the moment) was here waiting. We just chatted and settled in. That night we had a family tea got to know everyone. They are really nice but I'm heaps homesick. It's terrible I miss everything and everyone at home.

On the saturday, it SNOWED!!!!! omg, it snowed the whole day i couldnt believe it. Its so gorgeous, I was sitting here on my bed and suddenly deer come past. There we about 6-9 deer, it was so cool. I took photos!!! They stayed for ages. Really cute. I also popped out with Lina and her au pair friend and did a big of shopping before the snow so that was good to kind of see a bit of the area. My family called last night and it was so good to hear there voices, I really want to go home!




This morning Preston went out to shovel snow and to move it off the lawn. I've never seen it happen before but it look pretty neat!


Today though, I went to NYC with some au pair girls I met at the school (australians) and some old au pairs they were really nice. I caught the bus in which took about half an hour, it flew really! While I was waiting for the girls to meet me at the bus station, I was waiting inside out of the cold, and I was looking around when I spotted this guy steal something, it was unbelieveable i couldnt believe it was that easy. I then went straight outside in case he saw me watching. I wanted to tell the ower of the shop but scared he would chase me. lol So not long after my friends met up with me which was good.






We went and had some lunch at Whole Foods which is a very flash and posh food court - apparently famous people go there but we didnt see any. I would have taken photos but Nicolette got told off so i wasnt game. After that we headed to Central Park it was so pretty with all the snow. Very gorgeous!!!!! I imagined Home alone to be filmed in many parts...I took heaps of photos. We even saw a squirrel, they are so cute but I can see how they can be a pest. I also saw the ice rink, i didnt go skating i went into Time Square again but it looked gorgeous.


Time Square was great, we had a star bucks - very american!!! lol We looked in a couple stores but didnt head into LEVI's damit! But was great. By this time, we had to go back to the bus station as it was time for me to go. I found my own way around the bus station and onto my bus. I had to ask one lady about the number but other then that i did really well i think :) Very pleased with myself.



Lina picked me up from the bus station and we went to Wal-mart which i have never seen before but its pretty much likea K-mart or Target. I then headed home and had a brilliantly cooked dinner by my host family.

Overal the family is wonderful and are welcoming. But I think I may head home as I dont think I can mentally do this, I feel very home sick and at the moment all I want is to be at home. Later on in life i may become an au pair again, or travel but i feel so alone in a huge country where i dont know anyone. I really do want to go home, so I may see you all very soon.

Seeya for now :)

Lots of Love

Sair

P.S PLEASE.................................comment! :)

5 comments:

  1. oh my god i love that pic of LOVE how cool!!! so jealous new york looks so pretty atm... and we could b there this time next yr to see it!! looks like the little girl is growin up - doin things all on her own! :) nice squirrel!
    love u
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sair wow those photos are amazing the snow is soo pretty!! haha how random seeing deers out you window.. dont get that in australia lol!! Yehhh i also love that LOVE picture sooo wicked. Its good to see what you have been doing! well done finding your way back on the buses by yourself good work.. i am proud!!! love ya
    XOXOXO kimbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Sair what beauitful pictures of snow dears New york wow like off of postcards!! Are sure you want to come home yet?? Fancy catching a bus by yr self into town shopping how cool is that you will be an old pro soon just like getting the bus from MT Barker to Adelaide. Keep the sight seeing up and take lots of photos we love seeing them bye for now cherieXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww! you sound like you're having fun but need to come home!

    all the stuff you've been up to sounds really awesome, i love the snow and the deer! that's like so cool i mean koalas just make horrible noises and all the rest of our wildlife is so weird, deers are just awesome. i'm like so excited for you. just stick in there it'll start to feel more like home after a while :)

    xx lot's of love, Lauren.

    ReplyDelete