Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not much to say today, but though I'd right one anyway!
It's my first day today: the kids got on the bus well, we didn't miss it which could have been a disaster and now Wyatt is sleeping and has been for nearly 3hours. Big sleep however he did get up at 6:00am, early morning for me not use to it! But he's gorgeous so it doesn't matter. However I do keep calling him Jude (the little boy I babysat at home) I'm just so use to saying Jude instead of Wyatt.
I've just been writing post cards today, while watching Mrs Doubtfire. I love that movie! They have sky channel, its so cool!!!
Yesterday I went out with Dawn to get the dog, Jack clipped and we went in to Lincon Park, where we went to a supermarket. Its so fun looking after different things they have. Heaps of ice cream again, Americans must be big on ice cream. lol They also import Australia beef, which I thought was strange. Very interesting actually. And for the rest of the day we just chilled out and did our own thing. I played cards against Dave last night and WON. Yes! Maybe play again tonight, it keeps him quiet which is great! :)
Dawn made a really nice tea; pork chops with fennel, tomato and capers (I haven't really tried fennel and capers, but it was REALLY good.) We also had broccoli, and something else which I truely can't remember. Dawn and Preston are really great cooks, not to say my family isn't but I've tried things that we wouldn't cook in America. It's great!
This weekend I'm planning to go to NYC again with a local au pair. So that will be fun. She's taking me to a really nice resturant. That will be fun however not sure about the tipping part lol.
I'm planning on coming home, however I'm staying here with my family until they get another au pair. I didn't want to leave them with nothing. I feel so bad leaving them after all the preparation we've done but I just don't right being here. I miss home to much. I'm planning on visiting my family when I come back to America, they are truly a great family. :) All of them have beautiful hearts which have welcomed me into their home.
Anyway better go, I can hear Wyatt talking to himself.
Take Care and I'll be seeing you all soon.
Sair xx

2 comments:

  1. hey lovely,
    yes i did get the idea off you - and i mentioned it in my first blog and said thankyou lol
    the boys do keep us busy, but its easier having two aupairs. I would NEVER do it alone lol! Evelyn, the other aupair is really awesome.
    Its definitly a good idea for a blog, i couldnt imnagine having to type the same thing to all my family and friends back home plus the new friends im making here! I will definitly be ur aupair, ur kids would be SO cute hehe

    Your day sounded really packed - but your host family seem really nice! I love mrs doubtfire too hehe. wyatt is such a cute name, it reminds me of the little boy from charmed though!
    who are u going to new york with? u went once with nicolette, right? did u guys have fun?
    better get some rest for tomorrow, I've got a big day!
    take care xxx amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey babe.
    this is the first time i've checked out your blog! how cool!!
    the photos on here are absolutely amazing! i will have to pay you and have them blown up and put in my house i love them so much!!!
    i know ur missing home but u really are starting to sound like your having a good time and settling in a bit. all the different things you are experiencing would be fantastic! like the deers??!!! i couldn't believe it. i thought you might see deers in vermont.. u know that friends episode where ross goes 'i have to go, theres a deer just outside eating fruit from the orchard!' haha.
    the family sounds great. your lucky you have such a good family. hopefully you will start to feel more closer to them so you wont feel so alone and you can stay out the year and then come home with lots of amazing stories to make me even more jealous!! lol
    love you heaps babe
    leash xxx

    ReplyDelete